The Arrowhead Regional Arts Council’s mission is to facilitate and encourage local arts development. This mission statement grows from a conviction that the arts improve the quality of life in the region.
What We Fund
ARAC awards grants to individual artists and nonprofit arts organizations in the Arrowhead region of Minnesota. We are one of eleven Regional Arts Councils in the state of Minnesota. Our grant funding comes from an appropriation by the MN state legislature, and from the McKnight Foundation. Additional funding comes from the Minnesota Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund as appropriated by the Minnesota State Legislature with money from the vote of the people of Minnesota on November 4, 2008.
A new Needs Assessment Survey
has been sent out. You can also
June 5 & 6, 2013
Plan to attend this dazzling event
WE ARE SEEKING NEW BOARD MEMBERS
There are still openings on the ARAC Board.
We are interviewing, but still interested in
receiving applications for the term
July 01, 2013 – June 30, 2016.
The 17 member Board decides how public or private
funding is distributed to artists and arts organizations
in the seven Arrowhead Counties.
Submit an application by June 28, 2013,
or contact the office for more details.
Check out “Opportunities for Artists” on this web site for occasional approaching deadlines and contests
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, 218.722.0952, 800.569.8134
REMINDER: Quickstart Opportunity Grants program has an open deadline format.
Communicate with Sam (firstname.lastname@example.org) if this program can assist you.
1301 Rice Lake Rd., Suite 120
VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR ARROWHEAD ARTS ORGANIZATIONS
We are now in Fiscal Year 2013, and last year, the ARAC Board made the following SIGNIFICANT changes to the Art Projects
Grant and the Rural and Community Art Grant eligibility definitions:
ART PROJECT GRANTS
- Arts organizations located within the Duluth City Limits MUST apply for arts funding with the Art Project application.
- Regional arts organizations located outside the Duluth City Limits with annual cash expenses of $40,000 or more, MUST apply to the Art Project program.
- Accredited non-profit schools, community colleges, private universities, and state universities located in the Arrowhead Region MUST apply to the Art Project program to request funding for public arts projects.
RURAL AND COMMUNITY GRANTS
- All Arts organizations and all other potential applicants that reside within the Duluth City Limits may not apply to the Rural and Community Art program (no exceptions).
- Regional arts organizations with annual cash expenses under $40,000 MUST apply to the Rural and Community Art program.
- Accredited elementary and secondary schools, public school Community Ed. divisions, and units of local government located across the Arrowhead Region MUST apply to the Rural and Community Art program to request funding for public arts projects.
There have been changes to the grant narrative questions in the guidelines for both programs.
Get directions to our office.